Having your very own office is a big step for startup businesses that usually have a home office to sustain their business. As the business grows, the demand also grows and this is why the need to have an office arises. Here are simple steps to help you in renting Houston office space 2015 for your business.
1. Think of your needs – The very first thing that you should do is to consider the things that you need. This would include the size of the office space that you need, the number of rooms, conference rooms or any other space that you need. You should also choose where you want to have your business office and consider its access to public transportation so that your employees and clients can get to you easily.
2. Explore your options – You can either do this alone or make it easier for you by hiring a broker. A broker knows most of the available office space in the vicinity where you want to have an office and it is best if you hire them. They can make it easier for you by providing you choices and information about each so that you can finally decide on where to have your office.
3. Compare your best options – Out of all the available options, you should come up with a small list of the top contenders. You have to analyze what each of them provides you and how much they really cost so that you can choose the best.
4. Negotiate – Once you have chosen one that you like best, you should now make an offer and negotiate your terms. Some even give out multiple offers to multiple spaces to give some sort of competition among them. This helps you to have the best deal possible. You should also be able to negotiate your lease and call a lawyer to help you. The landlords have their lawyers draft a lease that your lawyer and broker look into to make sure that they don’t take advantage of you.
5. Move in – When all is in order and signed, you can now move in to your new office. For some spaces, work is still needed to set-up room dividers, cubicles and other structures needed by your employees. Just make sure that everything is fixed before you get your staff into your new office. Make sure that it is fully functional and all of the things that they need are already there. In this way, you lessen the stress you put your employees through when making the move. Aside from this, you should also consider room for growth. You have to expect that your company will grow when it succeeds and you have to make sure that the growth can be accommodated by your office or else you have to move again. Although you can move to a bigger office, some lease terms may prevent you from doing so in a couple of years plus moving to another office can also be stressful for your employees if you just moved and they haven’t really settled in yet.